Purchase tickets here.
Nov 11, 2018 3:00 PM - The beautiful melody of the GuZheng brings listeners back through the millennia-long history and tradition of China. A true master of the GuZheng, Shirley Wang, presents a new fusion of Eastern and Western music, displaying the artfulness and virtuosity of this ancient instrument through the well-known works of Joe Hisaishi, folk music from different regions of China, and two guzheng concertos; performed with Orchestra Seattle.
Shirley Wang, recognized GuZheng artist is the founder of Seattle Guzheng, the president of Washington Chinese Music Association and a board member of the Chinese Zither Association.
Shirley began to learn Guzheng when she was 6 years old. During that period, she studied with the famous Chinese Guzheng Professor Zhou Wang. She was admitted to the China Conservatory of Music and Shirley earned her Arts Leadership Master degree from Seattle University in 2016. In 2009, Shirley had a Guzheng performance for the British Royal family and Prince Andrew. Shirley received the Outstanding Teacher Award from Princeton University in 2014. In 2016, Shirleys two outstanding students won first place at the Chapin International Music Competition and performed successfully in the Kennedy Center of New York.
1) Sun Quan the EmperorGuzheng ensemble& Drum
2) Mongolian Capriccio Guzheng & Cello
3) Dance of Yi ---Guzheng & Pipa
4) Romantic Braaze of SpringGuzheng & Piano
5) Castle in the sky & Summer Guzheng & Piano
6) Guzheng Concerto : Western China Fantasy Guzheng & Orchestra Seattle
7) Guzheng Concerto: The Tune of Rainbow clouds Guzheng & Orchestra Seattle